Privacy Notice and Applicant Declaration
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Rii Skills Centre is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Rii Skills Centre for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Rii Skills Centre may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au
Application Declaration and Consent
I have been advised I can access the Student Handbook at the Rii Skills Centre website, the handbook advises me of:
I acknowledge that the following has been fully explained to me:
- Assessment and issuance of qualification
- Complaints and appeals process
- Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Access and equity
- Privacy and management of students records
- Welfare and guidance services
- Units of competence
- Duration of Training
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Privacy notice
I acknowledge that the information provided by in the enrolment application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that providing false or misleading information may result in my removal from the course and render me ineligible to receive the stated qualification.
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice above.